Revised June 5, 2011
What information does BeerLovers collect?
BeerLovers collects information from you when you register on BeerLovers.com, place an order, fill out a form or voluntarily provide personal information relating to your profile.
When registering on BeerLovers.com or ordering from the BeerLovers.com Marketplace, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, use certain read-only portions of BeerLovers.com anonymously.
What does BeerLovers use your information for?
Any of the information that BeerLovers collects from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps BeerLovers and BeerLovers.com to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve BeerLovers.com: BeerLovers continually strives to improve the BeerLovers.com service offerings based on the information and feedback received from you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps BeerLovers to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering any purchased products or services requested.
- To administer: A contest, promotion, survey or other BeerLovers.com Community or Marketplace feature.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide at the time of registration or for order processing will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to the people, groups, or industry members you follow, discussions you have subscribed to, or pertaining specifically to your order placed with the BeerLovers.com Marketplace. If you wish to stop receiving emails informing you of updates regarding Community activities you may at any time choose to un-follow or unsubscribe to any such Community participants as you deem appropriate.
How does BeerLovers protect your information?
BeerLovers employs a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. These security measures include:
Use of a secure server - all supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into BeerLovers.com's Payment gateway provider's database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
All passwords in use on BeerLovers.com are fully encrypted and are unknown even to the Administrators of this site.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the website's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Does BeerLovers disclose any information to outside parties?
BeerLovers does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who provide assistance in operating BeerLovers.com, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. BeerLovers may also release your information when it is believed that release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, BeerLovers may include or offer third party products or services through either the BeerLovers.com Community or the BeerLovers.com Marketplace. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. BeerLovers therefore has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, your feedback about these sites is always welcome and will help ensure the ongoing integrity of BeerLovers.com.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because your privacy is highly valued, BeerLovers has taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. Your personal information will not distributed to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of BeerLovers.com may make any changes to their personal information at any time by logging into their account and choosing the 'Edit' option available from their Profile page, or alternatively set the Privacy settings they deem appropriate which can be accessed via their Settings page.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
BeerLovers is in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. The BeerLovers.com website, and the products and services offered by BeerLovers are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older, and registered members of BeerLovers.com are required to meet the minimum drinking age of the contries in which they reside, which is at least 18 years of age.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit the BeerLovers.com Terms of Service agreement which establishes the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of the BeerLovers.com Community and Marketplace.
By using BeerLovers.com, you consent to the collection and use of information as described above.
15 Greenway Plaza #16C
Houston, Texas 77046